The Emlid Reach RS2 is a great GPS receiver. It works great with Apglos Survey Wizard. And in this case it comes with two GNSS receivers, so you can use it all in a rover base solution.
Connecting Emlid Reach RS2 with Apglos Survey Wizard
It is very easy to connect Apglos Survey Wizard with the Emlid Reach RS2 GPS receiver. Check out the video to see how easy it is.
That it is that easy makes sure that the Emlid Reach RS2 in combination with Aglos Survey Wizard is a great combination for GPS land surveying.
This GPS receiver has some excellent key features. First of all the Emlid Reach RS2 gets a RTK fix in just seconds and maintains robust performance even in challenging conditions. Centimeter accuracy can be achieved on distances over 60 km in RTK and 100 km in PPK.
Besides that this GPS receiver has an enormous battery. It will work for 22 hours on 1 charge when logging data and up to 16 hours as a network rover. If that is not long enough then the Reach RS2 can be charged on-the-go with any power bank over USB-C.
Also this GPS receiver of Emlid has a built-in 3.5G modem. It is very power efficient and it has a 2G fallback and global coverage. Besides that the RINEX raw data logs are compatible with OPUS, CSRS-PPP, AUSPOS and other PPP services so now you can get centimeter-precise results in any place on Earth. Process Rinex files in an online service and get position with absolute accuracy.
Further and also very important is that the Reach RS2 is Engineered to be tough. It will work in the most challenging conditions.
Specifications of Emlid Reach RS2
Here are the specifications of this GPS receiver:
- Dimensions: 126x126x142 mm
- Weight: 950 g
- Operating temperature: -20 to +65 °C
- Ingress protection: IP67
- GNSS signals tracked: GPS/QZSS L1C/A, L2C, GLONASS L1OF, L2OF, Beidou B1l, B2l, Galileo E1-B/C, E5b, SBAS, L1C/A
- Number of channels: 184
- Update rates: 20 Hz GPS / 5 Hz GNSS
- UHF LoRa radio: yes
- UHF radio frequency range: 915-925 MHz
- Power of UHF radio: 0.1 W
- UHF radio distance: Up to 8 km
- Internal modem: yes
- Modem: 3.5G
- Modem regions: Global
- Bands of modem: Quad-band, 850/1900, 900/1800 MHz
- SIM card: Nano-SIM
- Wi-Fi: 802.11a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth: 4.0/2.1 EDR
- Ports: RS-232, USB-C
- Battery: LiFePO4 6400 mAh, 6,4V
- External power input: 6-40V
- Charging: USB-C 5V 2A
- Position output: NMEA, LLH/XYZ
- Corrections: NTRIP, VRS, RTCM3
- Data logging: RINEX at update rate up to 20Hz
- Internal storage: 16GB
- Static horizontal precision:4 mm + 0.5 ppm
- Static vertical precision: 8 mm + 1 ppm
- PPK horizontal precision:5 mm + 0.5 ppm
- PPK vertical precision: 10 mm + 1 ppm
- RTK horizontal precision:7 mm + 0.5 ppm
- RTK vertical precision: 14 mm + 1 ppm
- Convergence time: about 5s typically
- IMU: 9DOF
- Website producer: www.emlid.com
The complete package for the Emlid Reach RS2 Survey kit comes with the following items:
- 2x Reach RS2
- 2x Radio Antenna
- 2x Carry Case
- 2x USB Cable
- 2x Adapter for survey pole