The Altus NR3 is a high quality GPS receiver. This receiver is made by the European company Septentrio. They are settled in Belgium.
Altus NR3 works great with Apglos Survey Wizard
From all GPS receivers the Altus NR3 was the first receiver that ever got connected with Apglos Survey Wizard. After a one time set-up of the GPS receiver you can work forever with the combination of this GNSS receiver and Apglos Survey Wizard. It is an awesome combination.
This receiver has an exceptional performance and is very reliable. It has multi-frequency RTK that sets the new standard in positioning performance. It includes APME+ industry-leading multipath technology and IONO+ to ensure position accuracy under the most intense ionosperic activity. These features together with LOCK+, to maintain tracking during mechanical shocks or vibrations, combine to offer the best possible quality of measurments for Altus NR3’s GNSS position calculations.
It also has a great interference robustness. The Altus NR3’s AIM+ is quite simply, the most advance on board anti-jamming technology on the market. It can suppress the widest variety of interferers, from simple continuous narrowband signals to most comples wideband and pulsed jammers. The RF spectrum can be viewed on the web UI in real-time in both time and frequecy domains.
So to be short this GPS receiver is the most reliable in the field.
Specifications of Altus NR3
Here are the specifications of this GPS receiver:
- Dimensions: 167 x 69 mm
- Weight: 820 g
- Operating temperature: -30ºC to +75ºC
- Ingress protection: IP67
- GNSS signals tracked: GPS/QZSS L1, L2, L5, GLONASS L1, L2, L3, GALILEO E1, E5ab, AltBoc
- Number of channels: 448
- Update rates: 10 Hz / 20 Hz
- UHF LoRa radio: no
- Internal modem: yes
- Modem: 4G
- Modem regions: Global
- Bands of modem: 4G LTE Cat 1 (B3, B8, B20), 2G Dual Band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (900/1800)
- SIM card: Nano-SIM
- Wi-Fi: 802.11a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth: 4.0/2.1 EDR
- Ports: 9-pin Lemo connector
- Battery: 2 swappable standard 18650 Li-ion batteries with protection circuit
- External power input: 9-30 V D C
- Charging: external battery charger
- Position output: NMEA, SBF
- Corrections: NTRIP, RTCM2, RTCM3, CMR2, CMR+
- Data logging: –
- Internal storage: 16 GB
- Static horizontal precision: 3 mm + 0.5 ppm
- Static vertical precison: 5 mm + 0.5 ppm
- PPK horizontal precision: –
- PPK vertical precison: –
- RTK horizontal precision: 6 mm + 0.5 ppm
- RTK vertical precison: 10 mm + 1 ppm
- Convergence time: –
- IMU: none
The Altus NR3 comes with 4 Lithium-ion batteries. They are standard 18650 Li-ion batteries with protection circuit. Also a USB data cable is included in the package. Further it comes with a battery charger with a capacity of 4 batteries and a battery charger cable for a cigarette lighter.